Mississippi State University is committed to maintaining a staff compensation system that is externally competitive and internally consistent with the following objectives:
- To ensure Mississippi State University’s ability to attract, retain, and motivate well-qualified employees in support of the institutions strategic plan;
- To maintain a compensation framework (grade structure) for Mississippi State University’s staff positions that is internally consistent and aligns roles of similar scope and complexity across staff jobs;
- To provide Administrators a streamlined approach to describe jobs, evaluate jobs, archive and share information, manage all related processes, and produce reports relative to job analysis, evaluation programs, and salary decisions;
- To establish procedures regarding staff salary decisions;
- To ensure that staff salary decisions are unbiased and are not made in a discriminatory or retaliatory manner.