The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides confidential assistance to employees and their household members covering a wide range of family, marital, work-life challenges, and mental health issues. There is no cost to employees or household members to use the EAP. Examples of common concerns that may be addressed through the EAP:
- Psychological issues and stress
- Drug and alchohol problems
- Crisis intervention
- Financial management
Confidential and Voluntary
All EAP services to employees are confidential and are not reported to colleagues, departments, supervisors, administration, or to the Department of Human Resources Management. All types of contact you make with the EAP remain confidential – permanently.
There is no cost or monthly premium charged to employees to use the Employee Assistance Program. All contact made to the EAP, as well as three individual counseling sessions per year, is free of charge for all MSU employees and household members.
There are three ways to use the Employee Assistance Program; all are free of charge. Employees may elect to use any combination of resources provided through the EAP.
- Web portal that includes free articles, financial calculators, Webinars, and a wide variety of resources and information that address your situation.
- Unlimited telephone access to personal guidance, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Phones are staffed by experienced, certified, and licensed professionals prepared to address your concern in a confidential and caring manner. They’ll ask about your situation and help you clarify the problem.
- Three face-to-face counseling sessions may be scheduled with professional practices in your area. Counseling is scheduled with a licensed and credentialed counselor in the network who is trained, experienced, and caring.
How to Access the EAP
- The Web Portal: humana.com/eap
- Enter username: msu (not case sensitive)
- Enter password: msu (not case sensitive)
- Telephone counseling: 1-866-219-1232 (toll-free)
- Face-to-Face Sessions: For a referral and information about appointments, contact LifeSynch at 1-866-219-1232, and counselors will connect you with expertise, guidance, and support for your issue with a local provider. Up to three face-to-face sessions may be scheduled using your EAP. Additional sessions may be scheduled subject to your State Employees’ Health insurance provisions available online: http://knowyourbenefits.dfa.ms.gov/