What is TELUS Health EAP?
TELUS Health EAP is a full-service employee assistance program (EAP) and work-life/wellbeing resource that provides confidential consultations, information and resources, connections to community agencies and supports, and referrals to counseling.
Why would I contact TELUS Health?
TELUS Health can provide support and resources to help you find answers to questions related to work, life, health, family, or money. You can contact TELUS Health for support with any issue, challenge, or concern. Consultants are available 24/7.
Is TELUS Health confidential?
Yes. The utmost care is taken to protect the identity of anyone who uses TELUS Health. The only exceptions to confidentiality include those governed by law, i.e., they are required to release documents under court subpoena, and have a duty to intervene and report if a consultant or counselor deems an individual to be at imminent risk of harm to self or others.
Who can use TELUS Health?
TELUS Health is available to you as an employee, as well as to your spouse/partner, and to your immediate family members/dependents.
How many counseling sessions can I expect?
Their counseling model is short-term and solution-focused. The number of sessions provided is based on what is deemed clinically appropriate, and up to MSU's service level. In the event that your concern is ongoing in nature, your counselor will discuss with you the appropriateness of
a referral to a community resource outside the EAP and will work with you to access this long-term support.
Who pays for TELUS Health?
TELUS Health is available at no additional cost to you, as defined by your benefits plan. Your employer provides this program as a benefit to support your wellbeing.
What are the qualifications of EAP counselors?
Every one of the counseling professionals has either a master or doctorate in psychology, clinical social work, marriage and family therapy, or a related mental health field. They must have a minimum of three years postmaster level clinical experience, preferably with EAP experience, and at least 2,500 hours of professional counseling experience. Potential candidates undergo an intensive recruitment and screening process, which includes several interviews. Candidates must provide proof of degree and liability insurance, which are primary source verified. All candidates are licensed to practice independently. Clinicians are bound by the code of ethics, complaint investigation process and disciplinary sanctions within their own associations and licensing boards.
Minimum requirements are:
- Master’s-level education, typically in social work, counseling psychology, marriage and family therapy or related mental healthcare program
- Three years of post-master’s level clinical experience
- Successful completion of an intensive screening process with reference checks
- Ongoing proof of active liability insurance
- Licensed to practice independently
How do I contact TELUS Health?
- Toll-free by phone, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year at 1-800-433-7916 (toll-free): Connect with a professional consultant for support, strategies, tools, and referrals.
- Online at one.telushealth.com: Access hundreds of articles, e-books, audio recordings, assessments, toolkits, and more.
- Enter username: msu (not case sensitive)
- Enter password: msu (not case sensitive)
- By free mobile app (for iOS & Android). Download the TELUS Health One app on your mobile device.