Minnesota Life Insurance Company
Insured for twice the employee's annual wage, with a minimum of $30,000 and a maximum of $100,000 coverage. Please note that state-sponsored group term life insurance coverage over $50,000 is subject to imputed tax under the Internal Revenue Service Code Section 79.
The premium is 20 cents per $1,000 of coverage per month (10 cents per semi-monthly). The employee pays one half of the premium and the university pays the other half of the premium.
- Department of Finance and Administration
- Certificate of Coverage
- Mississippi's State and School Employees' Life & Health Insurance Plan Document (rev. 2023)
- Minnesota Life Insurance (Securian)
- State and School Employees’ Life Insurance Plan Enrollment/Change Request Form
Evidence of Insurability Form ONLY required if applying after 31 days from date of hire
- Minnesota Life Evidence of Insurability
- Minnesota Life (Securian) Insurance Beneficiary Designation Form