The State and School Employees’ Health Plan
Benefits eligible employees, their spouses and children.
A benefits eligible employee is a full-time employee or a part-time employee with a 50% FTE or greater appointment that is expected to work four and one-half months, or longer. To be benefits eligible, an employee must be contributing to the state retirement plan.
A self-funded plan that provides two options – Base Plan and Select Plan
MSU pays the full premium for employee only coverage under the base plan option and a portion of the premium for employee only coverage under the select plan option. The employee is responsible for the remaining portion of employee only coverage under the select plan option and the full cost of any dependent coverage.
Blue Cross Blue Shield will mail ID cards in the Employee's name up to two cards if spouse is covered. Additional ID cards may be requested from Blue Cross Blue Shield or contact HRM to order them.
- Mississippi's State and School Employees' Life & Health Insurance Plan Document (rev. 2023)
- Department of Finance and Administration - Office of Insurance Quick Reference Guide
- Rates for State Health (Effective January 1, 2024)
- Rates for State Health (Effective January 1, 2023)
- Summary of Benefits, Base Coverage
- Summary of Benefits, Choice Coverage
- Summary of Benefits, Select Coverage
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi
- Department of Finance and Administration
- Provider Search
- Online Provider Visits
- Wellness & Preventive Coverage
- CVS Caremark Pharmacy Benefits
- Minnesota Life Insurance (Securian)