We are a connected, always-on society and busy Mississippi State University employees are no exception. Many employees have become accustomed to checking email, responding to a text message, or answering a call after hours. Under the final rule, attending to work items using your mobile or electronic device will be counted as hours worked and must be compensated. We encourage employees and supervisors to discuss the use of after-hours network access to determine the supervisor’s expectations; however, if an impacted employee uses technology to access work email, etc., this time will be counted as hours worked and must be recorded and compensated.
- Fair Labor Standards Act (current)
- Staff Compensation Program
- Staff Compensation Structure
- Staff Pay-Related Policies and Practices
- Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule
- Campus Transit Bus Driver Pay Schedule