The Leadership Development Program (LDP) is a 9-month program designed for professional staff who are committed to developing their leadership skills.
The LDP empowers new supervisors and high performing employees with a heightened self-awareness, advanced knowledge, and value-added leadership in a secure, and challenging environment.
Additional information regarding the next cohort of LDP will be provided at a later date.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be preparing for a mid- to senior-level leadership role
- Direct major tasks, projects and initiatives
- Have at least an overall 3.0 on the most recent performance appraisal
- Have the support of the immediate supervisor
- Be able to attend all sessions, including graduation
- Have at least one year of service in current position
LDP Application and Calendar
The dean, director, or department head must provide written support for the candidate to attend LDP and sign the Nominator’s Statement of Commitment. To be considered, applicants must:
- Submit a resume including educational background, professional experience, and civic and community organizations or activities.
- Read and sign the Applicant’s Statement of Commitment.
- Answer the essay question. Each applicant’s essay response will be evaluated based on quality, content, grammar, and organization.
Application documents will be reviewed and narrowed down to a final pool of participants.