The Leadership Development Program (LDP) is a 9-month program designed for professional staff who are committed to developing their leadership skills.
The LDP empowers new supervisors and high performing employees with a heightened self-awareness, advanced knowledge, and value-added leadership in a secure, and challenging environment.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be preparing for a mid- to senior-level leadership role
- Direct major tasks, projects and initiatives
- Have at least an overall 3.0 on the most recent performance appraisal
- Have the support of the immediate supervisor
- Be able to attend all sessions, including graduation
- Have at least one year of service in current position
LDP Application and Calendar
The dean, director, or department head must provide written support for the candidate to attend LDP and sign the Nominator’s Statement of Commitment. To be considered, applicants must:
- Submit a resume including educational background, professional experience, and civic and community organizations or activities. Resumes can be emailed, along with the application packet, to Brad Skelton, email@example.com.
- Read and sign the Applicant’s Statement of Commitment. Please see the FY22 LDP Calendar to determine your full participation.
- Answer the essay question. Each applicant’s essay response will be evaluated based on quality, content, grammar, and organization.
Completed application packets are due June 18, 2021 on or before 5:00 p.m. Please send the completed application packets to Brad Skelton via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicant documents will be reviewed. The Program Coordinators will select the final pool of applicants who will then be interviewed.