Please note that tenure-track positions must be advertised in a national professional journal. Effective July 2011, an electronic or web-based national professional journal may be used.
- Determine where the advertisement will be placed. These can be paid or unpaid.
- Develop an advertisement.
- Job description should be used as the basis for development of the advertisement.
- The advertisement may include the title of the position, a description of the major responsibilities, required qualifications, and any preferred qualifications, application deadline date, instructions for applying, and the Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity statement.
- Advertisements may be placed as a pointer ad to include a brief description of the job and refer the reader to the appropriate Mississippi State University website for the full-text version of the position announcement and job posting. Please note that tenure-track faculty national print advertisements must not be pointer advertisements.
For tenure-track faculty positions, please follow these guidelines:
- Electronic or web-based journal’s job listings must be viewable to the public without payment of subscription and/or membership charges.
- Advertisement for the job opportunity must be posted for at least 30 calendar days on the journal’s website.
- Documentation of the placement of the advertisement in a print, electronic, or web-based national professional journal must include evidence of the start and end dates of the advertisement placement and the text of the advertisement.
- The procurement card is the preferred method of payment; however, payment may be paid through a BANNER requisition.
- Send email to your HRM Generalist for approval. Email should include BANNER requisition number (if applicable), name of publication, related PARF number, and attached advertisement.
- Please note that the approval from your HRM Generalist, if using the procurement card, must be placed with the receipt.
- Place the advertisement. The department is responsible for verification of the advertisement.