Mississippi State University recognizes that staff positions may change in work content or responsibilities. Therefore, a position may be evaluated for reclassification when there has been a significant change in required job skills or responsibilities.
Procedure for Job Evaluation - New or Existing Postions
- A request to establish a new staff position or to evaluate an existing staff position shall be initiated by the division, department, or unit head and submitted to Human Resources Management through the use of the online Request for Position Evaluation electronic form.
- A link and temporary password to the online job evaluation system will be sent to the employee and the employee’s supervisor for existing positions or to the supervisor requesting a new position for completion of the Job Evaluation Questionnaire.
- After the Job Evaluation Questionnaire is complete, Human Resources Management staff will conduct a job study and/or evaluate the job. This process may include interviews with the employee and/or the supervisor.
- The Director of Human Resources Management will review, approve, and communicate the results of the job evaluation in terms of title and\or salary grade to the applicable Dean/Director/Department Head.
- Human Resource Management’s assignment of title and/or salary grade will be approved for implementation in the same manner as recommendations for new hires listed below.