Benefits eligible employees may elect to participate or make changes in the insurance plans due to the following events. For assistance, please contact the HRM Benefits Staff.
- Within 31 days of date of hire
- During Open Enrollment in October of each year for an effective date of January 1 of the following year (Dates for open enrollment are announced prior to October of each year)
- Within 60 days of a family status change, as long as the insurance change is consistent with the status change
Status changes include, but are not limited to:
- Marriage or divorce
- Death of a spouse or dependent
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Employee or spouse employment status change (full-time to part-time or vice versa)
- Refused coverage for self or dependents at time coverage was offered but subsequently lose coverage due to termination of spouse's employment
- Employee or spouse take an unpaid leave of absence
Premiums for insurance coverage elections are payroll deducted one month in advance on a semi-monthly basis.
Medical underwriting may apply to some insurances if making application after 31 days of your date of hire or for spouse and dependent children elections.
All completed forms must be returned to Human Resources Management for processing.